Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Barn Loft Construction Photos

The loft over the barn will be a guest quarters/studio for me. It's 14' wide by 24' long. The bathroom and and kitchen counter are 9' long.
Now I have to decide on paint colors. I want it to be rustic and 'campy' but with a more light and airy feeling than the dark woods, and deep red and pine green colors you usually see. I want this to be a fun place. I want it to make people smile when they walk in!



I need to decide how to do the countertop. Initially I thought I would use the same tile as in the bathroom. But I don't have enough left so I can either buy more or choose another tile. I'm a little curious about a thin concrete finish over MDF I saw done on some DIY show. I really need to decide if I'm going to paint the cabinets darker or lighter than the walls. They have cool colors in stains now too.


I need a little table to go in the corner there. I was thinking of a bistro style table and chairs. Even a cast aluminum garden set might go nicely there. I've also got the small butcher block table (in the picture) and matching bar stools I could use. 

A full bed will fit there on the left with the headboard against the exterior bathroom wall.

It has a nice view of the woods behind us, the patio door faces south with a tin roof over the deck it'll be a great place to sit and watch the deer and rabbits in the evening.
I did all the tile work and left-brain plumbed it. We think it came out pretty good. Seems like I only paid $25 for the tile at a Floor Decor Outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment